Thread: Help Needed!

Unanswered: Help Needed!

hey guys, i am a complete newbie to access, i know a few tips and tricks but i need to know something for a stock sytem im creating for my brother's business. well i need to subtract an amount(from the sales form) from the actual goods information form so it will tell me what is left for each item, but in the sales form, i need to get the product, product type and date all to match so that is subtract the amount from the right record, can i make this work, how?! (guys i am not that familiar with code so simple to follow instructions would really be appreciated) all help appreciated thanks guys!

Need More info

Do you have a Key field ? You will need a query to accomplish this task to find the specific record in question. You should also investigate the DLOOKUP function. There is no EASY solution, without some commands knowledge or coding ability.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby911
    hey guys, i am a complete newbie to access, i know a few tips and tricks but i need to know something for a stock sytem im creating for my brother's business. well i need to subtract an amount(from the sales form) from the actual goods information form so it will tell me what is left for each item, but in the sales form, i need to get the product, product type and date all to match so that is subtract the amount from the right record, can i make this work, how?! (guys i am not that familiar with code so simple to follow instructions would really be appreciated) all help appreciated thanks guys!

hey, thanks for replying, i have a primary key in the received items form called lot ID, i also need to record that into the Sales form, so they would be matching, there is also another problem, when i try run an update query, is there any way i could put a limit on having each record update once, because when i add more and run the query it carries out a subtraction twice,
    cheers,
    bob
    Last edited by bobby911; 01-01-05 at 09:15.