Thread: Menus

Unanswered: Menus

I am trying to create a custom menu. I want the menu option to call some code, not open a report or form. I haven't been able to figure out if it is possible of not. I thought I could create a macro to call the RunCode function, but apparently that function is not supported in 2000. It shows as an option the macro editor, but if I enter DoCmd in a module it is no longer a method of the DoCmd. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Hidden form ... Tap your function call on the Open event ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

The code was written to be very generic and in order to use it the way I want I will have to add several hidden forms. I was hoping for a more elegant solution. But if I don't get anymore suggestions then I may have to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by DCKunkle
    The code was written to be very generic and in order to use it the way I want I will have to add several hidden forms. I was hoping for a more elegant solution. But if I don't get anymore suggestions then I may have to do it.
    Ahhhh ... But do you???? What about passing arguments? What if you had a "drop table" that performed various operations/function calls?

To run your code from a macro you'll have to call it directly anyways (if you could) ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...