Question Unanswered: Probabilistics results with SQL

People...

Forget my last post about "Has anyone heard about 'Planning ?'", sorry. Now I know what I want =).
    So, I need a way in SQL to submit a query and get a result that CAN (probabilistic) occur in future.

For example... In a company, "I wanna know what product will be the sellest in 5 years?"... In Analysis Manager there's Model Mining for D.M., but I really don't know if it's recommended to use. I don't know if It is in DW, Data Mining, Olap... and so on. I guess it's D.M. but I'm not sure, and it is, I'll have to use Analysis Manager?

What tool will I have to use ?
    Anyone has a link that can post here?

Thank's

Provided Answers: 1
    "Sellest"? We'll let that on drop...

What you are talking about is called Forecasting. There is nothing built into SQL Server (or any other database tool I know of) that will do this automatically. That's because there are so many different methods that can be used. There is an entire branch of statistics devoted to it.
    So what type of trending to you want? Linear regression? Multi-linear regression? Exponential smoothing? Log projections? None of these are easy to implement using TSQL. You should look into purchasing a 3rd party statistical package.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Exclamation

Sorry about "sallest". I don't do well with english... I'm still learning... =)

So... Forecasting?

>>So what type of trending to you want? Linear regression? Multi-linear >>regression? Exponential smoothing? Log projections? None of these are >>easy to implement using TSQL.

What is TSQL ? Temporal SQL?
    There's some article or link that you can pass me? Especially because of this trending, for understanding better.

Thanks for reply my post

Your English is much better than any foreign language that I know, so my apologies.

TSQL stands for Transactual Structured Query Language, and is the particular variety of SQL used by Microsoft SQL Server.

Basic Trend analysis can be done with data imported into Microsoft Excel. Excel has many statistical functions built into it. As a matter of fact, you can right-click on any line graph in Excel and bring up a menu of trending algorithms that can be applied.

Beyond that, though, the subject of data forecasting is just to vast for this forum. Again, your best bet is to purchase a software package to do this.

blindman

Thanks a bunch Richard, I think now I got it. =)

Quote Originally Posted by blindman
    "Sellest"? We'll let that on drop...
    If you say so...
    Paul Young
    (Knowledge is power! Get some!)

Well, that was just a tipo.

blindman

Sorry, I just found it funny.
    Paul Young
    (Knowledge is power! Get some!)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Young
    Sorry, I just found it funny.
    Me too =)
    ________

I found out !

People...

This I wanted is called "Predict" in MDX. Its a function that you can use based on the Mining Model.
    This function gives you this situation that I posted here, and better... It works =)

Thanks for all helps... but in this case there aren't enough, anyway I caught new things...