Unanswered: File Maker Reports

Hi!
    I am new to File Maker Pro 7. So far I developed some forms to enter the data. Now I want to create reports and mailing labels based on the data that I have in the database.

I am trying to make a report that will display the records between specific dates.

I created one button on the form which will ask for "BeginningDate", "EndDate". After entering these two values I will press a button to display the report.

But I got no Idea how to do this. Here in file maker I don't see any where creating unbound fields like in access.

Any help!

Thanks In Advance
    Vad
    Vad

Once the Beginning Date and End Date are entered, then those should be used to do a "Find" of the records. You might have to use these fields as Constant fields.

Hope this helps !!!

File Maker reports

Thanks for giving me reply.

How can I pass both the parameters like Begin Date and End Date on the Form to the data base and get the data.

I am using the following script to Get the parameters and compare with the data base to pull the data. But I was unable to retrieve the data. I don't know I was on the right track or not.

IF (Substitute (MiddleValues (Get (ScriptParameter) ;1; 1); "|"; " " )<= Certifications::Begin Date and Substitute (MiddleValues (Get (ScriptParameter) ;2; 1); "|"; " " )<= Certifications::End Date)

Goto Layout(Reports_By_DateRange)
    ShowAllrecords
    EndIf

Can u give me a sample script for doing this. Or if you can give the source for finding a plugin that can do this is great. I am using Filemaker pro 7.

Thanks
    Vad
    Vad

Is there one date field you are checking on ?

If so, you can do the following:
    Create a layout that will have the Date field only.

Then the Script will be..
    Go To Layout (one that has the Date Field, created above)
    Enter Find Mode[Pause]
    Perform Find[] (DO NOT Check Restore Find Requests)
    Go to Layout (one that will display the entire record or Report)
    Enter Browse Mode (If Layout is Data Entry)
    OR
    Enter Preview Mode(If layout is to be used as a Report)

That's it for the script
    When the User is in the layout with the date field, they will have to enter date in a range like this (01/01/04...01/01/05) "..." works as a range for Find Requests.

Hope this helps..

You will also require a "Continue" button on the Layout with the date field on it. Once the user enter the date range, then they will have to press "Continue" button. This button will only have "Resume Script" as its step.

Filemaker Reports

The problem here is I got A layout that has the following:

BeginDate:

EndDate:

And a "Button" to press to display the report.

And in the Database table I got these fields "BeginDate" and "EndDate". These dates are different dates.

Customers have Certifications that have "BeginDate" and "EndDate".

The When I press a button on the layout after entering some Dates for BeginDate and EndDate it Has to display the Report.

Thanks
    Saidu
    Vad