Unanswered: Calculating in a report

In a report I have groups named "Project" which has multiple values and "Request" which has only two values. In the "Request" group footer I have done totals of numbers from three fields (=NZ([VerifyTime])+NZ([CMEffort])+NZ([CatalogTime]). The problem I have is getting a grand total for the two values.

Any suggestions will be well received. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gatewoodps
    In a report I have groups named "Project" which has multiple values and "Request" which has only two values. In the "Request" group footer I have done totals of numbers from three fields (=NZ([VerifyTime])+NZ([CMEffort])+NZ([CatalogTime]). The problem I have is getting a grand total for the two values.

Any suggestions will be well received. Thanks.
    Have you tried a conditional sum of some sort? If we assume that Request has one of two values, 0 or 1, then I would do the following:

For Request = 1:
    Create unbound text boxes in the report footer and put the following expressions in as the control source:

iif([Request]=1,sum([VerifyTime]),0)
    iif([Request]=1,sum([CMEffort]),0)
    iif([Request]=1,sum([CatalogTime]),0)

For Request = 0:
    Create unbound text boxes in the report footer and put the following expressions in as the control source:

=iif([Request]=0,sum([VerifyTime]),0)
    =iif([Request]=0,sum([CMEffort]),0)
    =iif([Request]=0,sum([CatalogTime]),0)

I hope that I understood your problem correctly. If not, perhaps you could post a copy of the forms/tables/queries that you are working on.

Cheers,

Craig
    rockjock