var sidebar_align = 'right';
var content_container_margin = parseInt('290px');
var sidebar_width = parseInt('270px');
DB Sector Careers
I am set to graduate in a few months and I have started to look at getting a career in the databases sector.
So far, this is the information I have. Is it reasonable?
1) DBA's are in demand. Supply is not too high. The market is not saturated.
2) DBA's get paid very well (more than average developers, etc).
Here are the questions I have.
1) With a bachelor of CS degree. What is a good next step to eventually becoming a DBA?
2) What are some other jobs in the database sector that are also paid well?
3) What can one do now, in their own time at home, to best build a 'portfolio' of DBA skills / experience?
4) Can anyone share their stories from graduation ---> now in regards to their career in the DBA sector?
If anyone could comment on my first 2 assumptions, and provide some insight into the 4 questions below, I would be very grateful.
Any other insight / advice would be very helpful as well.