Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2

    Unanswered: SQL30081N A communication error has been detected

    Hi,

    We have recently migrated to v8.1 from v7.1 (server alone) on an AIX box . While connecting to DB2 on a mainframe from the client which is still at 7.1, i get the error

    SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol
    being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location
    where the error was detected: "". Communication function detecting the error:
    "connect". Protocol specific error code(s): "146", "*", "*". SQLSTATE=08001


    The node, database and DCS directory entries at the Connect gateway instance were all correctly catalogued, and I could access the mainframe databases from the Connect gateway server. On a unix db2 client (which is still at 7.1), the node and database directories were also correctly catalogued, pointing at the gateway server. But when i run


    db2 connect to <mfdb> user <userid>

    i get the above mentioned error.

    Please advice.
    Last edited by lram72; 12-31-04 at 06:29.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    448
    I have the same environment, we also did the same what you did.

    Check the db2comm registry variable. if not set it, set it and restart the i
    nstance.
    Check the the ports and svcsname at the dbm cfg paramters.

    You can check that the listener is running by using the ps command
    and checking the db2tcpm process.

    Also update your diaglevel to 4


    regards

    Mujeeb

    Mujeeb

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2

    SQL30081N A communication error has been detected

    Hi,
    On the server side, which is the gateway server, i checked the db2comm variable and also the svcename which is set. Also ps lists the listener is up and running. I stopped/started the server once again. There is another DB which is owned by the instance wherein this gateway server is cataloged.

    db2 list db directory:
    System Database Directory

    Number of entries in the directory = 3

    Database 1 entry:

    Database alias = Db1
    Database name = maindb
    Local database directory = /db2/db200005/
    Database release level = a.00
    Comment =
    Directory entry type = Indirect
    Catalog database partition number = 0

    Database 2 entry:

    Database alias = maindb
    Database name = maindb
    Local database directory = /db2/db200005/
    Database release level = a.00
    Comment =
    Directory entry type = Indirect
    Catalog database partition number = 0

    Database 3 entry:

    Database alias = MFtest ----- is the M/F db alias
    Database name = MFDB
    Node name = node1
    Database release level = a.00
    Comment =
    Directory entry type = Remote
    Authentication = SERVER
    Catalog database partition number = -1


    I added the port details (in the /etc/services file) of this instance in the client side and recataloged the db on the client and now when i try to connect i get the error
    SQL1013N The database alias name or database name "mfdbtest " could
    not be found. SQLSTATE=42705

    Please advice.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    448
    Is not your alias will be MFtest.

    regards

    Mujeeb

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •