My goal is to create a subform in Microsoft Access that has a chart which plots scientific data / experimental data.

The numerical data is stored in a table, with each row corresponding to a sample and each field corresponding to the sample's response at a certain time (the times are stored in a separate table). If the data were transposed, I would have to create a new field or a new table each for each sample added to the database.

Because the numerical data is organized in rows rather than column series, I cannot plot the data using Microsoft Chart. Chart (from my understanding) requires the data to be stored in a single column series (across rows) because it is limited to accessing 6 fields.

How can I plot my data? Are there any ways around the Chart limitation?

My original idea was to run some sort of query to return a dynaset of the transposed data, then use this query as the Chart's source data. But there is no transpose function, and I would need to specify the sample number for the query from the parent form. The Microsoft knowledgebase has an article which gives the code to transpose a table:;en-us;283875

but the result is a new table. Is there anyway to make the result a recordset or a dynaset and to pass that result to the query?

Anyother ideas of how to retrieve and transpose the data or plot the data?