Unanswered: need some help with: reservation meeting-rooms

Hello everybody,

First, I want to wish you all a very happy newyear and the best of luck in 2005!! I'm just a beginner as far as Ms Access goes, so I hope you guys can help me out

This is the situation:
    I want to make a reservationform for three meeting-rooms. I have a table tblMembers who can make a reservation between 09:30 and 22:00 any day. I also have a table tblRooms where I define my meeting-rooms.
    The reservation-table (tblReservations) contains the following columns:
    ReservId, MemberId, RoomId, ReservDate, MeetingDate, StartTime, EndTime, blnCancelled

In my form I have imported a Calendar-control. And here's my question:
    Does anybody know how to manage the following: if I click on a date in the calendar, how to create an overview of the reservations in a subform (for example). Afterwards, I have to create summaries and invoices but that's for later ;o)
    I'm familiar with VB-code but I'm really basic in Access so I hope somebody can help me with this!
    Any help is more than welcome!!!

Thanks in advance
    deef

date view

I'm guessing you'v got a txtDate txtbox.... so I would use a listbox.
    In the query for that box I would have the tables linken and display.

MemberName, RoomId, ReservDate, MeetingDate, StartTime, EndTime, blnCancelled is null. Users don't need to see cancellations?...

sorted by roomid or name... then starttime....

Do you understand.. If not I'll make an example for you so let me know.

Urhmzz.. I have nothing yet but a calendar-object and my tables.
    And honestly, I'm not with you I suppose. But it would be great if you could give me a little example... if that's not too much asked!?

THX!
    deef

Like this?

Someting like this??
    Attached Files Attached Files

damn.. I'm having serious problems with my internet connection!!!
    I'm not able to download the file (yet)!!!
    Maybe I'll try it again later.. for now I already thank you very much for your help!!!

:)

Hope it's what you need!!

If not let me know

Thx jedi,

I can do something with that, but it was not exactly what I meant. I would like to create a sort of grid with the hours as rows and the rooms as columns. This way I can have an overview of the reservations for any room at any time. When a member wants to submit a new reservation, I can check quickly if that particular room is available at the desired time. It would be marvelous if I could colour the ‘reservated’ cells but a simple ‘X’ is fine by now.
    It’s not that easy for me to write in English but I hope you understand what I mean.

thx again
    deef

Suggestion..

Should be possible but never played with it my self..
    If you company has an exchange server that is normaly used for meeting room reservations...

Good luck on this one..

It doesn't have to run on a server. I will just use it on my computer as an easy way to check if there's a room available for a reservation and adapt the reservations. At this moment it's still paperwork and I think it 's time for a little computerizing.
    I know it's a lot of work, but I take my time. Try to learn step by step and built an application that's usefull & reliable for me. Probably there are many applications for sale out there, but I really want to do it myself!

Have fun!
    deef