Unanswered: new db by novice

Hi all,
    I'm new to databases in general, trying to set up a db in Filemaker, learning from the help folder as well as this forum.

I defined a value list with a list of my products, I'd like to make the prices automatically appear in another field. For example, if I select '1 case' in the item field, I'd like '$100' to automatically appear in the price field. Then, if I select '2' in the quantity field, I'd like the price field to reflect that ($200).

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,

The Price field should be a "Calculation" field. THe calculation would be "qty * Price per item".

Make sure that the Data Type is Calculation which will do it in real time. If you choose AutoEnter Calculation, then the Calculation will only happen once when the record is first created.

Hope this helps...

Thanks Ed,
    How would I get the price field to display the item price when I select an item in the item name list?

Item Price should be a lookup based on a relationship between Product to itself.

Still haven't figured it out

The lookup seems to just copy the value from the looked up field.

I want it to do this calculation: small = $100, Medium - $200, large = $300,
    So if the value in 'item name' is small, the price field would show $100 etc.

Thanks for all your help,