Thread: DB Users

Question Unanswered: DB Users

I am running Windows 2k Advanced Server, DB2 v7.1. I was wondering if there is any good documentation on DB Users. I am trying to create tables and store procedures in a database without having administration privileges. I created a User and granted him "Connect to database" and "Create Tables" priveleges for the database. Their is no place to specify a password for this user so I cannot connect to this database to create the tables or build the stored procedures? Any help or any documentation would be greatly appreciated, I know what privaleges I need to grant to the user, just need to figure out how the User accesses the database? Thanks in advance.

Sorry made a mistake running v8.1.

The login/password of the db2 users are controlled by OS.

The db2 users/groups by simple the OS users/groups.

regards

Mujeeb

Ok I understand that, but let me give you some more info, I probaly didn't make myself clear. I am logged into windows as db2admin(DAS), I created a database called Test. Now in the control center I expanded the database Test and under User and Group Objects I added a new user for the database Test. I granted the privaleges in the first post. Now when I try to connect to the database under this new user it will not let me. First off their is no where to specify a password for this new user, so how do you know what it is? If I don't specify a password that is an error. If I can connect to this database I can then do everything I would like to accomplish, but just having trouble connecting. Any more Ideas???

userid

try to open a command window - this always gives more info and does what you need. connect to database with uid/pw
    connect to xxxx user cccc using pppp
    now you will see that you are connected with this specific userid (in the prompt)
    try now the commands to create... or any operation you need.
    cc tries to connect with current logged user otherwise will prompt for logon
    as you are db2admin (and maybe local admin) you get all authorities...
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    DB2/ORA/SQL Services
    DB2 DBA & Advanced DBA Certified
    DB2 Dprop Certified
    http://users.skynet.be/przytula/dbss.html

I can log in fine with the DAS, but what I need to do is log in with the User I created for the database. Just can't figure out how to do that yet?

Provided Answers: 1
    You may want to read this thread:

http://www.dbforums.com/t912651.html

Thanks reading that thread helped alot!