Unanswered: Need help in linked table

I have established a system DSN Data source named 'work' connect to local SQL Server 2000 and the connection test was sucessful.

I also have written the VB 6.0 code below to connect local Microsoft Access:
    dim dbLocal as ADODB.Connection
    set dbLocal = New ADODB.Connection dbLocal.Open "Provider='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0';data source='C:\localdb\data\localdb.mdb'"

I have some store procedures. some of them accessed the local Microsoft Access tables, some of them accessed both local Microsoft Access tables and local SQL Server tables.

When I tried to execute the store procedures only accessed tthe local Access tables, they passed.
    When I tried to execute the store procedures that linked to SQL Server tables, the error is:
    ODBC--connection to work failed.

What should I do?

Need more info

Have you linked the sql server tables and stored procs in Access?

yes. i just cannot connect to the linked SQL Server tables through MS Access storage procedure.

Provided Answers: 6
    can we see your connection string to the SQL tables?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.