Unanswered: Export current record to Word or Excel

My objective is to get the current record selected to export to a Word mail merge file that I have already set up. I've looked in Help and the only thing remotely close was to go to File, Export... I don't want to have to export it manually. Macros don't seem to be working either.

When you say that you want to
    get the current record selected to export to a Word mail merge file
    Where is this current record, in a form?

If you want to print the current record from a form why not use an Access report.

If you only want to have the current record data appear in a Word document then you would not merge it but open it and instert the data from Acess into word using Bookmarks.

If you don't mine me asking why do you want to send the data to Word instead of using Access?
    Regards,

John A

The record is in a temp table called Label (defined by a make-table query of the current record). Our company prints out certain pieces of information for the file folder label. These labels are set up for the Avery, 2 across kind. Also, the data needs to be played with once it gets to the word template (it has to be formatted because the size of the address changes and throws everything off.

Right, now I think that I understand, you are only using an Access table as the data source.

Why don't you do the merge from word using the access table, if it is a temp table and the data changes you could link to the table and it would get the current data each time you ran the merge.

Sorry to harp, but have a look at doing these labels in Access you will find that you have better control than word. Access lists about 150 different type of Avery Labels by their number........ have a look

Using access would also solve you soring problem, having said that you can also define the sort in ms Word mege.
    Regards,

John A

Provided Answers: 1
    DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputTable, yourTableName, acFormatXLS, "c:\yourOutput.xls"

Where yourTableName is your Temp table which contains the current record.

Provided Answers: 14
    Have a look at: Insert database data
    It explains how to do what you want.

Have a nice day!