Question Unanswered: Sending Replication Monitor data

We have a database on the live server which powers a website. Then our client has a copy of the database at their office. Their is Merge replication set up between the two running every half a hour.

Now they want to be able to look at the merge replication history.
    With my little knowledge, I believe that the place to get this data from is the distribution database on the publishing machine which is the live server. Now for obvious reasons we cannot replicate the
    distrubution database to their side so we need to come up with some way of giving them the data. They also want a history of replication.
    So the way I was thinking of fixing it was to have a job that copies some of the last days data from the distrubution database onto the main database and add that table to the replication so they got it every day. Also writing a ASP page so they can look at the last days
    data straight from the distrubution database.

Here are my questions:

Question 1:
    How long does the replication store history for?

Question 2:
    Is thier any simpler way of allowing them to see the replication history?

Question 3:
    Are their any other things I should be worried about?

Thanks for any feedback, Nixies

Provided Answers: 54
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixies
    Question 1:
    How long does the replication store history for?
    As long as you tell it to. This is an option that you can set.
    Question 2:
    Is thier any simpler way of allowing them to see the replication history?
    I'd at least consider building the reporting page on the "live" server instead of on their local copy.
    Question 3:
    Are their any other things I should be worried about?
    Probably!

What happens as data transfer times go up? You are talking about a fair amount of data in many cases.

Merge replication isn't exactly compatible with replicating the replication metadata. You can create a snapshot publication to cope with that.

I'd give serious thought to the idea of reporting from the "live" box if I were you. It would head-off many problems before you even hit them if it is an option.

-PatP