Thread: creating users

Unanswered: creating users

what is the best of way of creating a login and password for users so that is stores the person logged in at the time?

Provided Answers: 1
    You mean you want an access log, or you want to physically create a new user/password?

If it's an access log you're after, code a little sub into your first form that will pull the current user and run and insert query into an accesslog table.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

pretty much all I'm lookin to do is to be able to see who is in the program, also to fill in information automatically based on who is in the system.

Provided Answers: 59
    if you want to see who is in using the system then try looking at the lockfile. Forget where but there is a reference soemwhere on this forums or possibly USENET referring to a form developed by Microsoft to view the users of the lockfile. I came accross the form in Access Developers handbook 2000 on
    HTH

If you want to track who has been using the system then you will need to use write logons to a a table. if you do go down that route then I'd suggest to use the API calls to find out the userid & PC the user is actually using, as opposed to the the environment variables.

have a search on http://www.mvps.org/access/ for Dev Arish's API calls.
    Last edited by healdem; 01-06-05 at 12:44.

how do you call a function?