Question Unanswered: UDB 8.2 Command Editor - How do you redirect results to a file?

In version 7, you could go File | Options and redirect the query results to a text file instead of showing them on the screen. How do you do that with version 8?

command editor

and : selected -> export
    gives you the possibility to export data in different formats ?
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    DB2/ORA/SQL Services
    DB2 DBA & Advanced DBA Certified
    DB2 Dprop Certified
    http://users.skynet.be/przytula/dbss.html

Provided Answers: 5
    To save the Result Set in V8.1, from the "Results" tab, select Query Results -> Save Data.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by przytula
    and : selected -> export
    gives you the possibility to export data in different formats ?
    Unfortunately, no good.

What if I have 2 million rows returned by my query and the Command Editor only shows me 100 at a time? Do I have to hit "Fetch More Rows" 20,000 times before I can export? When you export, you only export what's being displayed (I tried). The alternative would be to change the number of rows displayed and disable filtering, doing the export and then going back to 100 returned and 500 for filtering or something like that every time you do an export.

Regardless, on top of that what if I don't want to export in DEL format, forced to have a column delimiter, but, instead, I want a columnar output like the one I could get in version 7? Something I can e-mail just as is and people can print and read just as is?

Quote Originally Posted by ARWinner
    To save the Result Set in V8.1, from the "Results" tab, select Query Results -> Save Data.

Andy
    Where is that "Save Data"? I am at the Query Results tab and don't see any button or menu option that says "Save Data."

Provided Answers: 5
    IBM seems to have changed how the "Command Center" in V 8.1 now "Command Editor" in V8.2 works in this area. What I suggest you do is this.

Get the query the way you want it. Then issue an EXPORT command based on that query.

Andy

That's almost the same thing as doing an export once you get the results, although it does save you the continuous fetching. However, it still does not export in a columnar way, the way version 7 used to? That is:

FIELD1··FIELD2··FIELD3
    -------·-------·-------
    12345···ABCDE···67890
    65······A·······56
    5665····CRE·····46576

Instead, the closest you can get to this would be DEL (without column headers, to top it off):

12345,ABCDE,67890
    65,A,56
    5665,CRE,46576

I really wonder why IBM should give me some new features and take away some that were quite useful.