Unanswered: IIS SP2 install problem

hi,
    my friend wants to install IIS on machine with SP2. everything finished OK, but http://localhost wan't work and says that page cannot be displayed and reposts this message HTTP 500 - Internal server error what is wrong with the IIS? IIS instalation created Inetpub, but localhost wan't work...

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by kasic
    hi,
    my friend wants to install IIS on machine with SP2. everything finished OK, but http://localhost wan't work and says that page cannot be displayed and reposts this message HTTP 500 - Internal server error what is wrong with the IIS? IIS instalation created Inetpub, but localhost wan't work...
    Why not try using the loop back ip address to replace the localhost instead? My computer can't use localhost too, but content can be viewed using "127.0.0.1", this is a default local IP address to all PCs, ease for use when you want to troubleshoot ASP files in local computer. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Dniz
    Why not try using the loop back ip address to replace the localhost instead? My computer can't use localhost too, but content can be viewed using "127.0.0.1", this is a default local IP address to all PCs, ease for use when you want to troubleshoot ASP files in local computer. Good luck!
    unfortunately 127.0.0.1 doesen't work either... I've tried this too. maybe my friend did something wrong, but I can't see becouse he is in other town...
    maybe SP2 firewall has something to do with it, but on the other side, why would Microsoft do such a thing, so this option fails...
    how many options do I have...(?!)

Quote Originally Posted by kasic
    unfortunately 127.0.0.1 doesen't work either... I've tried this too. maybe my friend did something wrong, but I can't see becouse he is in other town...
    maybe SP2 firewall has something to do with it, but on the other side, why would Microsoft do such a thing, so this option fails...
    how many options do I have...(?!)
    Well, since I am also fresh in this, I am not quite sure about what problem you are facing but I do realise there are a lot of softwares that encounter with problem having SP2 installed. My recommendation is you uninstall SP2 and using SP1 instead. It really depends how much of time constrain you have, whether you still want to have the problem debug or try using a safer way to get your work complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Dniz
    Well, since I am also fresh in this, I am not quite sure about what problem you are facing but I do realise there are a lot of softwares that encounter with problem having SP2 installed. My recommendation is you uninstall SP2 and using SP1 instead. It really depends how much of time constrain you have, whether you still want to have the problem debug or try using a safer way to get your work complete.

I understand, but this isn't my computer... I have SP2 and IIS installed and everything is OK. SP2 was installed after IIS... very strange error...
    thanks...