TO: Sridhar Gopaluniundefined

The information within ******** below was from a succesful posting you made some time ago. I cut and pasted it because it was a verbatim expression of my exact experiance.I was having the same difficult problem with OEM from 10G not playing nice (Not working) after a fresh install of Windows XP SP2. I can get into the database via iSQLPLUS and from command line sqlplus, however even after carefully verifying correct registry entries for ORACLE_SID, TNS_ADMIN and the correct path entries as well as verifying that all oracle processes were up and happy OEM still acts as if the database is in a state of shutdown and never truly lets me access the database. This is the only Oracle Database running on the laptop. (Compaq nc6000, 1GIG
Ram, 40GB HD

I have used the Universal installer to remove and reinstall twice. Once doing
the instance and database together and the second time doing them seperately. PLEASE ADVISE.
With OEM 10g db control (web) I am not able to connect system as sysdba user to 10g

database.

I can't get through 'Specify Host and Target Database Credentials' form (e.g. during

shutdown operation). I fill in Host Credentials of the os user, who installed the db,

the user has ora_dba os role granted. Database Credentials are system connect as

sysdba, all paswords are ok.

after clicking OK button I get error message:
'RemoteOperationException: ERROR: Wrong password for user'

SOLUTION PROFFERED
win2000:Control panel--> administrative tools--> Local Security Settings -->Local Polices-->User Rights Assinment--> Logon as batch job.)

I'm also posting my notes:
Logging into Enterprise Manager:
Hit the site: http://YOURLOCALHOST:5500/em
Login: SYSMAN
Pwd: yourORACLEINSTALLATIONpassword

How to Start/Shutdown the database:
Specify the
OS username: D008NT01\sgopaluni
Password: yourwindowsOSpassword

Username: SYSMAN
Pwd: yourORACLEINSTALLATIONpassword
Database: orcl[Default database name that you chose during install]