Unanswered: Access OLE server or Active X control error message

I have a database that wont open on one computer but opens on another. Both computers are running windows XP and MS Access 2003.

When I try to open it, an error message reads as follows: "The expression ON OPEN you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: a problem occured while "file name" was communicating with the OLE server or Active X control".

Seriously, I have been at this for almost 4 days continuously and would really appreciate any help anybody could offer me on this. I do apologize if I sound like a NewB because I really am.. Apologies again and any help would be extremely appreciated.

post the OPEN expression here and maybe someone can help.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Provided Answers: 59
    Agree with IzyRider
    It will be easier to locate the error is we can see the code that is being triggered inthe on open event (of either the form OR database).

But just a quick question is the file name machine specific eg looking in a unspecified location or location spceified by drive letter
    eg "\mydocu~\myfile.txt"
    OR "c:\\mydocu~\myfile.txt"

instead of a UNC specification
    "\\myworkstation\mydocu~\myfile.txt"

It is also possible that you may be referring to this file as part of a datasource and Access could be whinging about that if it cannot find it. Ie the error message may be triggered by something outside the code you are actually running.
    HTH