Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2

    Question Unanswered: Error accessing DB2 database

    I've installed DB2 Connect/DB2 UD on Linux (Fedora Core 3). Here is the release info:

    DB21085I Instance "db2inst1" uses DB2 code release "SQL07023" with level
    identifier "03040105" and informational tokens "DB2 v7.1.0.55", "s011211" and
    "U480366".

    Product Name = "DB2 Connect Personal Edition"
    Product Password = "DB2CONPE"
    Version Information = "7.2"
    Expiry Date = "Permanent"
    Measured usage license policy = "Disabled"
    Annotation = ""
    Other information = ""

    I've installed this same version under Windows and have no problem. Under the Linux version, when I try to connect to our mainframe DB2 database (version 7.2 for VSE), I get the following message:

    SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol
    being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location
    where the error was detected: "". Communication function detecting the error:
    "recv". Protocol specific error code(s): "*", "*", "0". SQLSTATE=08001

    On the VSE console, I get the following message:
    ARI2909I Warning: An error in the conversation has been detected. Please wait for the data capture completion message to appear before taking further action.
    ARI2910I Data capture process completed successfully. Please notify your system programmer.

    Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    374

    db2 vse

    the version of the db2 vse ?
    have you installed the prereq on db2 vse ?
    was db started with rmtusers ?
    look in the console log of db2 - you will find a kind of minidump for this error
    Any other client already connected before to this system ?
    I have a document how to prepare db2 vse for tcpip remote connections ..
    Hope this will help
    Regards,
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    DB2/ORA/SQL Services
    DB2 DBA & Advanced DBA Certified
    DB2 Dprop Certified
    http://users.skynet.be/przytula/dbss.html

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2
    the version of the db2 vse ? Version 7.2
    have you installed the prereq on db2 vse ? Yes
    was db started with rmtusers ? Yes-10. The database is currently serving a Windows web server with no problems.
    look in the console log of db2 - you will find a kind of minidump for this error The best diagnostic is this statement: PROBABLE CAUSE OF FAILURE: NON-DRDA FLOW PASSED TO SERVER
    Any other client already connected before to this system ? Yes. The database is running with CICS and batch programs on the mainframe and a web server via TCP/IP. As a matter of fact, when I issue the commands LIST NODE DIRECTORY and LIST DATABASE DIRECTORY on the non-functioning Linux box and the functioning Windows box, the results are the same.
    I have a document how to prepare db2 vse for tcpip remote connections .. Thanks but I think the problem must be on the Linux side. I don't know if I'm missing an environment variable or some other little something. On the mainframe side, I've found a reference on the web to a PTF for version 7.3 related to DRDA conversations but we're running version 7.2.

    Thanks for your reply. I hope something I've written will help shake out a solution.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •