Thread: Access Reports

Unanswered: Access Reports

I Need Some Help With This One. I Have An Access Database For Tracking Variant Material. I Need To Email Out A The Report In A Format That Can Be Signed Off By Others And Then Emailed Back. Since Accesses Report Is A Snapshot They Can't Put Their Name On It And Send It Back. I Thought Of Word But The Information On The Variance Is Not Locked And Once Emailed Can Be Changed Without My Approval.

Any Ideas

Thanks

Provided Answers: 59
    You could try printing to acrobat PDF format.
    Various options including Acrobat Writer (or is it Professional these days), CuteWriter and others come to mind.

The problem is that the PDF format itself can be edited. You need to check whether you can lock the acrobat PDF content from changes. It would probably defeat the normal user but it still isn't secure.

You may also want to investigate the use of keys to proove the signatory is who they say they are. PGP may be of interest. That way round you know the document has come form the named source (providing they have not compromised their key that is.

HTH

Provided Answers: 1
    There isn't a REALLY secure way to do this... have you considered using a web application?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Quote Originally Posted by dwegst
    I Need Some Help With This One. I Have An Access Database For Tracking Variant Material. I Need To Email Out A The Report In A Format That Can Be Signed Off By Others And Then Emailed Back. Since Accesses Report Is A Snapshot They Can't Put Their Name On It And Send It Back. I Thought Of Word But The Information On The Variance Is Not Locked And Once Emailed Can Be Changed Without My Approval.

Any Ideas

Thanks
    Going with the PDF is fine ... IF the client HAS the full Adobe suite can they alter the pdf file ... I have the same problem here. My solution is that if the document is materially altered then it is no longer in force so they can sign to their blue in the face ... AND keep in mind: I HAVE THE ORIGINAL if there are any legal issues ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...