Unanswered: why wont this work!

Set rec = db.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM tblIncomingMailLog WHERE tblIncomingMailLog.[Coordinator]= " & Forms!frmIncomingMailLog.OptionCoordinator.Text & " ORDER BY tblIncomingMailLog.[Date];", dbOpenDynaset)

I keep getting an error message that says-

runtime error "3061"
    to few parameters- expected 1

Can someone help? Please

Data type? If string you need to put quotes or apostrophes around the criteria ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Provided Answers: 59
    Agree....
    Set rec = db.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM tblIncomingMailLog WHERE tblIncomingMailLog.[Coordinator]= " & chr$(34) & Forms!frmIncomingMailLog.OptionCoordinator.Text & chr$(34)& " ORDER BY tblIncomingMailLog.[Date];", dbOpenDynaset)

Its so long since I last used DAO I've forgotten if you have specified the recordset type, or connection correctly. That could also cause problems

Could I make a suggestions as 'good practise' you build your sql as a separate string - its easier for debugging purposes - I find it much easier to catch errors in the SQL by displaying the resultant string than trying to decipher If I've got the format right in the open statement

eg
    Code:
    Dim strSQL as string
    strSQL="SELECT * FROM tblIncomingMailLog WHERE tblIncomingMailLog.[Coordinator]= " & chr$(34) & Forms!frmIncomingMailLog.OptionCoordinator.Text & chr$(34) & " ORDER BY tblIncomingMailLog.[Date];"
    Set rec = db.OpenRecordset(strSQL, dbOpenDynaset)
    HTH

I have added the quotes and now it seems to run but it does not filter the table like its suppose to. I have setup a form inwhich i would like the recordset to populate. How can i set the form's recordsource to populate to the filtered recordset?

forget the recordset.

dim strSQL as string
    strSQL = "SELECT etc etc"
    forms!thisform.recordsource = strSQL

(or me.recordsource = strSQL if the code is in the target form)

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

This worked Perfect- Thanks M OWEN and IZYRIDER!

Is it possible to transfer this recordset (rec) to a spreadsheet? I was able to create a form and set the recordsource to the strSQL variable but know i need to transfer this list to Excel- Can the transfer spreadsheet option work with a variable or recordset?