Unanswered: ODBC link changed, but access uses old database

I have an application database that access an oracle database through an ODBC link. The name of the dsn is live. The application was originally setup to use the production server. A developer wanted to do some work on the application, so I modified the DSN (without changing the access database or the name of the DSN) to point to the test server instead of the live server. Access went ahead and used the production database. Does access store the dsn information and bypass the configuration setup by the ODBC administrator program. After I modified the DSN, I performed a test connection and it correctly attached to the test instance. Any help would be appreciated.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

You changed the selected DB in the DSN to the test DB and it used the production DB? Then it did not save/apply the change ... The DSN was changed on the developer's computer right?
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Quote Originally Posted by M Owen
    You changed the selected DB in the DSN to the test DB and it used the production DB? Then it did not save/apply the change ... The DSN was changed on the developer's computer right?
    When I use the oracle ODBC test application, the DSN points to the test server. I made the change only on the developers machine.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.