Unanswered: rman auxilliary problem

I'm in the process of creating a duplicated database. I've followed all the step (According to docs @ http://download-west.oracle.com/docs...db.htm#1006580)

My problem is that I've created an auxilliary instance (and it's in the NOMOUNT mode), now I'm trying to use rman to connect to it (For example, rman TARGET SYS/oracle@trgt CATALOG rman/cat@catdb AUXILIARY SYS/oracle@olddb). But I keep getting the error: ORA-12528: TNS:listener: all appropriate instances are blocking new 'connections'

I've ran lsnrctl services, and I get the following:
    Code:
    Service "olddb" has 1 instance(s).
      Instance "olddb", status BLOCKED, has 1 handler(s) for this service...
        Handler(s):
          "DEDICATED" established:0 refused:0 state:ready
             LOCAL SERVER
    I also read somewhere else, that the status will remain blocked because the instance is in NOMOUNT.

So how can I connect to the auxilliary instance? According to the Oracle docs, I shouldn't be having this problem.

Thanks in advance.
    System: Oracle 10g on Fedora Core 1

Try going to the box where the auxiliary database is and executing the command.

rman TARGET SYS/oracle@trgt CATALOG rman/cat@catdb AUXILIARY SYS/oracle

I have done this without the catalog and it works fine. I believe having the catalog or not should not make any difference.

The target and the auxilliary instance are on the same machine.
    System: Oracle 10g on Fedora Core 1

My command will still be valid if you set your environment variable to point to auxiliary database. ie set your ORACLE_SID to olddb and you will not have to use @olddb.

I believe your loop back of @olddb is the culprit.