Unanswered: exe of filemaker pro 7.0

I am a newbie to filemaker. Can any one tell me how to create exe of filemaker pro 7.0 application. thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mukund5579; 01-08-05 at 01:15. Reason: quick icons

urgent reply

Hello!
    Filemaker have no executable files. You just create your database and layouts and stuff like that.
    If someone wants to run your application she/he needs also Filemaker...

Andreas

You can create standalones but...

To create standalones that you can give to other people(who don't have filemaker) you need FMP developer. It costs about $500 last I checked.

Creating .exes from FMP7

Hello

There are several things that you need to know before being able to create a .exe from FMPro7 database:

First you need to have FileMaker Pro Advanced. The current version is 11.0 cross platform running on both Macintosh & Windows. The cost approximately $499 US.
    Second, with the Advanced version to create the .exe you need to do so from a computer running Microsoft Windows XP SP3/VistaSP2/7SP1. The file needs to have the .FP7 extension which is created with FileMaker Pro/Pro Advanced versions 7 and above.
    Third, make sure that FileMaker Pro Advanced does not have the .FP7 file open or you will not be able to create the run-time executable. Once you have FileMaker Pro Advanced open go to Tools\Developer Utilities...\Add... locate the file and then under Rename file... name the file if you wish to change it, Project Folder Specify... a folder to place the run-time with related files in, Solution Options Specify... and check Create Runtime solution application(s) and for Runtime Name give the runtime a name. The final output will not contain the extension .exe but instead .USR & a folder with the name of the Runtime which will be represented by the icon of a folder. There are many options that you can set additionally such as custom logo and what the user using the run-time solution sees when they exit the database. Click Ok when done and then Create. The final output will placed in a folder that you named earlier. Be aware that when running the executable you will want to click on the folder & not the .USR file. You are now done.
    Finally I will add that you will see a lot of extra files which are Windows specific such as .DLLs. Keep these files along with the two others that I mentioned earlier because without them you will not be able to run the executable. There are also two schools of thought on this topic that when distributing that you can leave the folder that contains the files sitting on the desktop or some will argue that you should package the database you have just created with a package maker type software such as Installer VISE or InstallAnywhere so that the user who is going to run the database will have the computer place the files in the correct location. Hope this helps and good luck.