Unanswered: How To Connect Be Tables Via Code

Hi,

I need to know is there any specific code that would establish link for tables from Access BE?

I know it using Get External Data...Link Tables. Even though they are in other db but it leads to increase heavy size of main db. I want no table objects (except system tables) to be displayed in main db and only link tables once main db activates and should no table remain exists in FE after closing.

There should be some way to establish connectivity of tables from Access BE at the time of opening main db . This will help a ton to reduce the size of main db and its zip file can be copied even in a 1.44 mb floppy.

I heard something about shell but exactly I don't know how to do it.

Any idea....

With kind regards,
    Ashfaque

Provided Answers: 59
    Not sure if there is a way to do precisely what you require, there is a way to set, and therefore presumably unset, links to a Back End database detailed elsewhere in this forum

However it does beg the question why?
    I don't believe that lining to a back end database should significantly increase the size of the DB. As to whetther it will fot on a 1.44 Floppy as a zip, well that depends on the type of applciation, ie size, number of rows & likelihood its going to increase over time.

I'd be very nervous about using Floppy's as a means of moving data or the application around, Since the introduction of W98 they seem a lot less stable than of old. Maybe I'm just treating them with not enough care.....

HTH

Hi Healdem,

Many thanks for the quick response.

Well copy in 1.44 mb floppy in the sense the db to be in smallest size. The main thing which I concern is not to show my tables even in hidden mode. The intention is to decrease size bcz I have around 25 a bit heavy tables in my main db. When I use to transfer even MDE db file to the user, the size goes more than 6 mb of the main file.

Anyhow thanks..

Any other idea....

With kind regards,
    Ashfaque

this or this (DAO) should get you started on linking from code.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Thanks Izyrider.

I think DAO thread could solve my problem. I will see practically and let you know.

Regards,
    Ashfaque