Unanswered: Help! Forms crashing!

Hi,
    I have a Forms 9i application on a Win2k server being powered by 9i AppServer and back-end database.

The whole application works fine except one form which simply displays data called up from a database table.

The interesting dilemma is that when I test the application directly on the server console, it works just fine - all the correct data is pulled from the database. It is just over the network on the client machines this form particular form hangs.

All other forms which display table-data work fine and this form *used* to work but now does not (and no changes had been made to database, app-server or forms at the time of it failing).

Is this simply a case of lost packets or something more sinister?!

Many thanks in advance,
    MK2

down on the cube farm, left then right then another left
    I know it sounds stupid, but have you tried recompiling the form?
    NOTE: Please disregard the label "Senior Member".

Provided Answers: 4
    I agree with Todd; first compile "All" (Shift+Ctrl+K) and then generate the .fmx (Ctrl+T). That could help ...

Had not thought of that, because the form in question still works when I try the application out on the server (i.e. with no network in the way). Could a re-compile really make a difference to whether or not the form works on client machines?

Provided Answers: 4
    Try and then you tell us

Have tried a re-compile.

Decided to test on some more client-machines and it turns out on some machines the form was working just fine, others the form just froze. This is still the case after the re-compile.

On the the machines where the form does not hang, data sometimes gets stored into the database ok, sometimes it does not.

Think I might have two issues here - hanging and data entry. The latter sounds like a database issue which I will look into separately, but why a form should still hang sounds odd. As re-compiling has not worked, are there any other tricks I should try?

Many thanks in advance!