Unanswered: suggestions for a Web app development program using Oracle database.

Hi all. I need to develop a web app that interacts with an oracle database. This app will also need to run java servlets. My company has transfered over to the IBM websphere sever and I'm having trouble locating a good source of reccomendations for good web app development programs.

What I've discovered so far is I would love to use cold fusion but my company will probably not want to drop the $4000 per CPU to support a cold fusion web app.

My goal is finding an app that will provide rapid development for minimal cost(yeah I know this is a tall order).

I hope to completely develop the application in 4 months of full-time work with 3 months of part-time playing around with the app(yeah, I know I'm dreaming but I'm a summer intern so I really only have 4 months).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Provided Answers: 1
    For developing a web client for an Oracle database I would highly recommend HTML DB.

However, I don't know what Java Servlets are, nor whether HTML DB can deal with them!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewst
    For developing a web client for an Oracle database I would highly recommend HTML DB.

However, I don't know what Java Servlets are, nor whether HTML DB can deal with them!
    Java servlets are similar to java applets, except they are server based instead of client based. The web server loads and executes them the same way a browser loads and executes and applet.

Java servelets require a server that has built in tech to run them. For example, Appache has JServ and Cold Fusion has JRun. So it's a server requirement(which mine has).

oh and thanks for the reccomendation It looks good