Unanswered: Synchronize Data

Hi,

I would like to synchronize 2 databases. Source Database is in US and the Target Database is in India.

can you please tell me the tools, mechanisms, logic that will be used to make sure that the data between both the databases in always in sync.

Please let me know if you need more Information.

thanks
    Shankar

down on the cube farm, left then right then another left
    You do not give DB version numbers so it is hard to tell you what to use. The cheapest (I think it is standard with Oracle) is to use the "Data Guard" method. Check out the doc http://download-west.oracle.com/docs...a96653/toc.htm. This is for 9i but I believe Oracle had similar methods previously. I think they had a different name then however.
    NOTE: Please disregard the label "Senior Member".

Cool

Shankar;
    You are missing a lot of data other than the database version. Your method will probably depend more on the bandwidth between the two locations than anything else. This will also determine what you can and can not do at the standby site. Are you merely trying to bring up a single database, or are you trying to synchronize an entire SAN.

Give us a little more information - Please...

HTH
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by shankar
    Hi,

I would like to synchronize 2 databases. Source Database is in US and the Target Database is in India.

can you please tell me the tools, mechanisms, logic that will be used to make sure that the data between both the databases in always in sync.

Please let me know if you need more Information.

thanks
    Shankar
    Missing details:

1) How often you want to synchronize? Should it be real-time, or batch process is fine?
    2) What database version you have on both sites and what OS/hardware