Unanswered: Multiple fields in a single text box

Hi all,

Is it possible to show multiple fields in a single text box in a report? I have separated an adress line in 2 different fields, but id' like to show them in a single line, preferably in the same textbox, without having a white space between the two...

I read a couple thing about it in the forum, and help files but nothing really answered my question.

My guess is its prolly possible by changing the control source of my textbox in the textbox properties by inserting something like... =[adr post 1] & [adr post 2] ... but nothing is working yet,

Id appreciate the help,

Thanks in advance!

Fuujin

One option is to create a field in the query that the report is based on that concatinates the fields, then set that field as the control source for the text box on the report.
    SteveH

Sounds nice! but how do you do this???

My guess is its prolly possible by changing the control source of my textbox in the textbox properties by inserting something like... =[adr post 1] & [adr post 2] ... but nothing is working yet
    That is exactly what you sould do.
    Darasen

In the query, go to a new field and in the field name type:

FullAddr: trim([adr post 1]) & " " & trim([adr post 2])

The "trim" function eliminates spaces at the beginning or end of the field.
    SteveH

What you entered should work:

=[adr post 1] & [adr post 2]

One reason why this may not have worked is, if you add fields to your report from the field list the default name is the name of the field. So the text box name would be 'adr post 1' in your example. If you then changed the Control Source to the above Access gets confused because you could be referencing the text box 'adr post 1' of the data in the field 'adr post 1'. I would bet that if you changed the name of the textbox (Name property in the Other tab) that the above would work for you. When you see Name? instead of the result you were expecting then first think typo then think name of the control.

My other suggestion would be to add a space between the two with:

=[adr post 1] & " " & [adr post 2]

Thanks a lot guys!!!

works perfectly!

Hi fuujin,

Might I suggest practicing naming your fields WITHOUT spaces. That is not a good practice and gets a bit messy over time. Either do this:

[adr_post_1] or [txtadr_Post1] or [txtAdrPost1] or [AdrPost1]

Myself, I prefer the last two. REASON: It's just plain easy to not have to reach up to hit the Underline key if the name have two or more sections as yours does.

Have a nice one,
    BUD

LoL, yeah!! But I've always been messy! Thanks for the tip