Unanswered: Logical log - when is it full

Hi,

Is it possible to check from the online.db.log whether the logical logs are
    ALL full?

i need to check the time when all the logical logs are full, thus preventing logins into my SAP system.

Greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Couple of ways. If you wish to be proactive (ie do something before you slam into the wall) you can periodically (ie once a minute) look at sysmaster syslogs view counting the number of rows where is_current = 0 and is_backed_up = 0. Once that number exceeds what ever threshold (as percent of total) you do your warning.

Other possibility is event driven. Place entry in your alarm shell looking for event 20. But now you are FULL and all update stop.
    Fred Prose

alarmprogram

Use the alarmprogram.sh/bat or log_full.sh/bat with ALARMPROGRAM config parameter.

log_full.sh with ALARMPROGRAM config parameter

How do you use the log_full.sh with ALARMPROGRAM config parameter?

We use ism/onbar via an interface script our support department has written that works fairly well. Today, however, we had a scare when everything came to a screeching halt because we ran out of available logs. Apparently the logical logging was not started back up yesterday when the tape was swapped out.

Is there anyway to be notified how the logs are doing via email?

thx

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies.

We have configured the ALERT log_full.sh to run whenever logical log files are full but i encountered SAP login problem when the logical log files were all full. The backup was not successfully, thus, logical log files were not backed up even when the alert was raised.

Now, i need to know the exact time when the logical log files were all full yesterday, realised the informix log did not mention it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

here is the sql to find how many logical logs are not backed up. I have wrapper scripts I put the sql in and run as a cron job every 5 miutes.

database sysmaster;
    set isolation to dirty read;
    select "COUNT=" || trunc(count(*),0)
    from syslogs
    where is_backed_up = 0
    and is_used <>0
    and is_new =0
    and is_temp =0
    ;

here command in ids
    onstat -l
    When you may be check how many logical logs file full