Unanswered: Outlook Formatting

I am sending email from a form in an access db using outlook. The to and subject fields of the email are being filled from data on the form. I would aslo like to use data from the form in the body of the email. The problem I'm having is with the formatting of the email body. I can bring the data into the email, but I lose the formatting (bold, italic, indents, ...). I have tried using an outlook template (loses the formatting) and a word mail merge (I can only get it to mail as an attachment) to no avail.

I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

I dont know wxactly how you would go about doing it but you could use HTML tags to format your text, so when you enter your body text instead of just making it bold use tags <strong> text </strong>

When you send an Email you can view source on an email and thats all that does but i suppose you would have to make all the body HTML?

Im sure you could implement that somehow, like i say though, im not sure?

Thanks Chris,

I had thought of that. The problem is that the emails are being sent to a wide variety of people outside of the the company (this is also why I can't use Outlook forms) who may not have thier email set up to read html. I keep my home email set to read plain text only to decrease the chance of viruses.

How essential is it that the formatting remains?
    Based on DAO 3.6 and Access 2000 + 2003
    VB.Net 2005 + ADO.Net

The boss wants it.

I'm working on a recruiting db and the emails give specific instructions to perspective employees. There are bulleted lists, deadlines in bold, website links, and a required materials list in bold.

Without the formatting the email not only looks unprofessional, but is difficult to read. Every item that the perspective candidate misses translates into another communication. We are dealing with up to 400 perspective candidates per month so the extra communications add up fast and can greatly increase workload. The formatting has been proven to decrease the number of communications per candidate.

Right now I have to set up several different templates (6 -12) for each hiring event based on the type of job and type of candidate. If I can get the formatting in the email, I could set up a few emails once and be done with it.

Provided Answers: 59
    You cannot rely on formatting of an email
    you can get close with a fixed pitch font but you cannot guarantee the recipient will use the same font. THe only method I know of being certain that the recipient will see what you send is to send as an Acrobat Attachment. There are lots of devices out there to create Acrobat documents (Acorbat Professional & CuteWriter etc)

HTH