Unanswered: download data from udb os390 to udb windows

i need some help. im doing some programming to insert some data from DB2 UDB v7.1 for os390 into a local database UDB v7.2 for windows. i knew that it cant be done with a single database connection. i need to connect to these databases concurrenly in order to perform an 'insert into' command.so, is connection pooling is the way to solve this? or should i create these connections by using a thread?

can somebody provide me the concept, at least? thanx..
    Last edited by kelisablitz; 01-12-05 at 04:30.
    share the knowledge..

Provided Answers: 1
    I suggest you speak with your DBA to set up federated access to the mainframe on your local database server. This will allow you to create local nicknames for mainframe tables and work with them as if they were local.

thanx for replying n_i..!

im not very sure of the term 'federated access'..but i already establish connection by using DB2Connect. i do see the db2-os/390 tables as if they were local. but if those two are different..then i'd ask and learn something bout it.

anyway, any hint on doing it programmatically? im populating 23mil data here..i'd appreciate if anybody can help me ..
    share the knowledge..

Provided Answers: 1

thanx for ur reply..but unfortunately im using workgroup ed. anyways, ur information is really fruitful.

any other suggestion?
    share the knowledge..