Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pranks

Pranks

I had one co-worker that everyone picks on because this poor soul makes it too easy not to pick on him. He works in my department so he does have an understanding of computers but is sometimes too short fused to actually do any troubleshooting(he is a reporting guy). Well last thursday, this guy felt the need to make some changes to a sql script when I left my PC unlocked. So I decided to put a bat file in his startup folder that uses the shutdown command to reboot his PC. After 5 or 6 reboots and a few unmentionable words being thrown about, he went to get the help desk support guy. While he was away, I removed the bat file, allowed him to succesfully login in front of the Help desk guy and promptly replaced the file. Nothing huge but well worth the entertainment for me and the rest of my co-workers.

What types of computer pranks have you guys done to your co-workers?

Cover everything in tin foil. Everything. Takes a whole evening. The pen collection was tedious.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

A stupid, but oftentimes vexing, prank involves placing a piece of masking tape over the LED 'eye' of the mark's optical mouse.
    Thanks,

Matt

Oh, another one I found amusing (this one was handy work of my buddy) is to reprogram the printer to say "feed me", then leave a half eaten piece of bologna in the paper tray.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

this is corral stuff...

Remove the ball from the mouse...or change the mouse to be left handed...

I never leave my pc unlocked...never
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

I had one co-worker who liked to pick on people. I set his machine to give a system prompt every minute to be nice to his co-workers. Frustrating if you do not know Windows scripting.
    Darasen

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Kaiser
    this is corral stuff...

Remove the ball from the mouse...or change the mouse to be left handed...

I never leave my pc unlocked...never

One co-worker a couple of years ago had a mouse driver that allowed you to change the Up, down, left, right by dragging a box upward. I turned his mouse in a weird direction and set that as the up direction.

Not my handy work but a friend of mine found a screensaver that looked like the format screen for NT. We worked in a place where there was a window you can look into to see the screens for the server farm. Need to say our manager about had a heart attack the first time he saw it.

Talking

me and one of my colleagues used to run a batch file to eject one of our co-workers cd-rom drive every now and again - after about 20 times it starts to get annoying or so it seems

A co-worker left his PC unattended and unlocked. His email was open so, naturally we composed his resignation email to the Chief Exec ...

He learnt a valuable lesson.

For one client we produced the usual moving button, which managed a squeak if the user succeeded in clicking it.

Hijacked the normal staff bulletin, and added the redundancy notice for a colleague.

Happy days

Hi,

i've been a victim and have also victimized. What's a lot of fun is to pull all the keys of the keyboard (after remapping it first) and then randomly putting them back.

Another time we set the default beep to be a wav file of some women screaming (as in the shower scene in Psycho) and cranked the volume up all the way on the speakers. We had to scrape the boss off the ceiling. Those were the fun days....

Just an update, Day three and the guy's computer is still "randomly" rebooting. Safe Mood, virus scan, multi ad/spyware scans, etc have not helped the guy.

ROAML - I'm enjoying reading these!

oldie but a goodie - an OK box that runs away from the mouse pointer.

Another time I had a payroll dept continually submitting the wrong job - so I added about 20 levels of slightly differing 'Are you sure' prompts, with the very alst one being a No answer. They laughed themselves silly. Then they called my boss - who also thought it was pretty good and told me to never ever, under any cirumstances, do something like that again. So I superglued his coffecup to the table. hee hee.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryker
    ROAML
    ROAML??????
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL