Any category for SAS?

why this forum do not have a category for SAS discussion?
    can consider about adding it to this forum?

besides, can anyone tell me more about TDWI?
    thank you

SAS isn't really a database product, although it works on/with databases.

TDWI is the Data Warehousing Institute. They are the data warehousing group that I personally find to be the most useful. Sometimes they get a wee-bit over excited pitching their classes and conferences, but their overall signal to noise ratio is the best that I've found.

-PatP

so, what is the specialization field for SAS?
    i heard that we really need a lot of money to acquire the license of SAS products.

Actually it is a lot cheaper to license SAS now than it was even a few years ago. That's a relative statement, in that it still isn't cheap, but at least now you don't have to mortgage your first born to have a shot at it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "what is the specialization field for SAS?" SAS does one thing, statistics. It can find patterns in data that looks like pure chaos, and in the hands of someone that knows how to use SAS, it can make the process seem effortless.

If you need SAS, it would be cheap at twice the price. If you don't need SAS, it is a very, very expensive decorating accessory.

-PatP

it sounds expensive to me for the license
    nowadayas, most of them employ statistics techniques into thier databases for various usage.
    besides SAS, SPSS also plays the similar role.