Angry Unanswered: I really might just go nuts if noone can help

there were no changes made, I REPEAT NO CHANGES WERE MADE TO THE FILE

open up my program and lodi dodi go to my pickupsheet try printing up a pickupsheet and *BANG* 4 pages come out when it should only be one.

Then as I am closing out of the form it is asking me about the parameter values of the shipperid and consigneeid

And on my quote sheet, when i first started the program i was using Combo9 on my quote sheet to get results but now I figured out my way around that and Combo9 no longer exists and neither does any code that has to do with it. But yet, as I close out of my quote sheet it is asking me for parameter values of Combo9.Value

What is going on with Access? Am I going to have to start this whole thing over.

I have tried decompile, repair/compact... what can I do? HELP!!!

I have experienced similar problems. The printing problem is probably due to the paper size changing from Letter to something else. Design the report and check the Page Setup to see what the Paper Size is. This problem happened several times to me and continues to happen.

As far as the missing code goes, I have also made changes to code, saved them and found the next day that they had disappeared. I think it had something to do with adding code after getting an error. Anyway, I have never figured out what causes this and have no advice for reclaiming the work that you did. I have always tried to recreate the code.

so you are pretty much telling me I should take a long walk off of a short pier?

Have you tried the DB on another machine? It's a weak suggestion but hey...

yes i have tried that... restarting what i started 3 months ago... i really have no choice.. and my deadline to have the full thing up and running is Feb 1st

stock tip: invest in Folgers and Jameson, I will be drinking a lot of it

Without more detail I am going to guess what you are requesting.

You can set a macro to copy just the page you are currently on by entering:
    Under Action put
    Echo set to off
    Open Report
    ReportName is ??(Rptpickupsheet)
    Under view put (Print Preview))
    Under Where Condition put
    [QryQuotesheet]![QuoteID]=[Forms]![FrmQuotesheetForm]![QuoteID]

Under Action again put
    PrintOut
    Close

That should print just the single page.
    If something is outside the borders of your report, that's a different issue.

Hope this Helps!

Michael
    Gotta to do some code

Red face

For the Combo9 problem, check to see if it exists ANYWHERE in the report, including Group/Sort or part of any calculations. Then check ALL queries to make sure the field is not still in there somewhere even if you took it out of the table. Also, if you have parameters in your query, check to see if one is combo9.

I'm still using Access97, so some days I feel like taking that same walk.

yea i've checked everywhere for that damn combo9 problem, and can't seem to find it anywhere. Just like that ShipperID, ConsigneeID and CarrierID it just pops up as I am leaving the form and going back to the main screen form. I'm not too worried about it anymore.. i decided to start the whole thing over and take a different approach in the design.

I'll have more questions later... I'm sure of it

Just thought I'd add that I'm having the same problem, only it prints an extra blank page. There is nothing outside the borders or margins. Even when I create a new blank report, it shows 2 pages.

yea hows this for some ish....

so far i've only entered about 250+ records...

someone how it printed up a lil more than 2500 pages.... and it has nothing to do with a query being linked wrong or anything, it was pulling the info from the main table.