Unanswered: Dynamically changing subform (need help ASAP please)

im quite stuck, ive tried loads of stuff but i just cant get this to work, im trying to implement a dynamic subform of sorts, here's the layout of it:

(that bit is blurred out cause it's got the contact details of a person)

anyway, those 3 buttons (expenses, mileage and timesheet) change the subform to show the corresponding page, although i can see the data that's been inputted previously (throught the query the form is based on), i cant actually edit or add anything, if i try to do something to the data in any of the subforms, it gives me the error:

and then if i try to change the subform or quit or something, it gives me this error:

if you need any more info, or if you want to have a look at the DB itself, gimme a shout and i'll do what i can. this is for a school project and i dont have long until the deadline, any help would be greatly appreciated

Are you certain that the subforms recordset (or the query it is based on) is updatable?

yeah i can enter data into the query itself fine, but i cant put it into the form, im changing the form in vb by the way (subForm.SourceObject = "frmConsulExpensesSub" i used the same code for another form and it worked there)

is there a better way of doing it?

edit: hmm... it seems im able to delete the entries, but i cant add or modify them otherwise
    Last edited by DeathCarrot; 01-13-05 at 15:25.