Thread: Nat3049

Unanswered: Nat3049

Somebody can help me what does nat3049 mean?
    And how can I fix the problem...

Thanks in advance

Here is what the manual says.

***************** Text Below Copyright (c) 2005, SOFTWARE AG *****************
    NAT3049 : Compressed record too long for internal buffer. DB/FNR :1:/:2:

Text Compressed record too long for internal buffer.

Expl. For Adabas Version 4, the compressed record must not exceed 3000 bytes.
    For Adabas Version 5, the compressed record must not exceed the block
    size of Data Storage.

Actn. Contact your database administrator.
    ****************************** BOTTOM OF DATA ********************************

Nat3049

Thanks Urquel,
    I contacted to my DBA and He tell me: "the problem is your file, you have a lot of periodic fields... you have to fix it"

I'm confused, how can the DBA help me?

Thanks...

It is possible, but you should consider removing PEs/MUs

The problem that you are experiencing is the compressed record doesn't fit into the data storage block size. It has been many years since I worked with ADABAS, but there is a utility that the DBA can use to increase the blocksize of data storage, but when this is done, this can potentially affect database performance either positively or negatively. It would take benchmarking to determine what effect the larger blocksize would have. This is why they have recommended you remove some of your PEs or MUs. When you remove them, the record will be reduced in size and most likely fit into the block. Or if you can't remove the PEs or MUs, they can increase the blocksize and your record will fit in the block, but all other users of the database will also be using this larger blocksize, and they may not like this happening just for your application. Hope this helps. Jim D.