Unanswered: Invalid Argument - Error 3001

I'm reworking my databases and moving them from Access 97 to Access 2002. We use Liants Relativity to make connections to some Cobol data. It worked fine in Access 97 but when I try to link a table through the ODBC connection in Access 2002 I get an Invalid Argument error and the help says it's Error 3001. I've tried to link and import and get the same error. We no longer have support for Relativity so I can't go to them.

I'm not having any luck finding anything the net that will cure this problem but I've seen references to this error but caused by a different problem.

I've gone back and tested it with 97 on the same machine and I don't have the problem just with 2002. My version of Access 2002 is at SP3. XP Pro is at SP2

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    David

It seems to me that is a problem with Access 2002.

I experianced an error with Date function inserted ina field of a table. The symptoms are the following:

I have a table related to another table, those tables are used in form and subform, the predefined value = Date(), is in the field of the table used in the form. The problem is that when i am inputing data in the subform, after input the necessary data in the form, Access 2002, returns me the error:" Function Date() unrecognized in the field CMP_DATE".

The aplication was made with Access 2000, but when using 2002 i get that error. I tried all the service packs and nothing.

The solution was uninstall 2002 and use 2000.

Well, we needed to move this data over so we opted to upgrade to the latest version of Relativity. That fixed the problem but it wasn't cheap.

David