Unanswered: Listbox help! Copy from one listbox to another???

I have a form with 2 listboxes.

The first listbox displays all the authors in my database.
    The second listbox shows which authors have written which books.

I want to have a command button which will ADD authors from the first list box to the second list box. (So I can show which authors have written which book).

sorry... can you be more clear. I don't understand what your second list displays or what (exactly) you want the command button to do.

Sorry I thought I was clear!

I have 2 tables on my database,Books and Authors. An author can write more than one book so I need to be able to add authors to books.

The first listbox shows all the authors of books in my database -

Author_name (primary Key)
    Author_firstname
    Author_lastname

The second list box will show which authors have written which books after I click an add button -

Book_code
    book_title
    author_name

I want to be able to add author_name to the books in the library. I want a command button to copy a selected row from listbox1 (authors) to listbox2 (books).

Hi newtoaccess1,

In the Books table try placing the AuthorID PrimaryKey in that table. Oooops, back this baby up a sec. You are using Author_Name as the primary key? What if you happen to have two authors with the same names? Set up a unique identifier, either an AutoNumber as AuthorID or create one of your own that makes each Author unique and be sure to set it to Indexed / No Duplicates. Your relationships are set up as One-To-Many correct?? One question, why are you needing a CommandButton to add the Author into the table?

have a nice one,
    BUD

Wow, these late hours are getting to me. I missed something else too. You have Author_Name as the PrimaryKey field. You have Author_FirstName and Author_LastName. So WHAT exactly goes in the Author_Name key field???

just wondering,
    niters BUD