Unanswered: Microsoft Office Spreadsheet

Hi
    win2k
    excel2k

I have written a little application in excel to look at the number of sick, personal and other employee related days. It works well, but now I need to add vacations days. While this is not the challenge, the problem is that i want to see the comflict in the number of employees booking their vaccations at the same time. one way to do that is to write a little routines that will line up in excel the dates and days of vaccation requested and see if they comflict or maybe chart the conflict( see attached vac.bmp) (in sheet1) in MS Office Spreacheet reference in my form. I want to use the MS Office Spreadsheet in a form. (See attached spreadsheet). My question is how can i use the spreadsheet1 reference in my excel form and bring the vaccation conflict cells from jun to aug?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VAC.bmp   spreadsheet.bmp  

some thoughts on design for checking vacation overlap. (1) If you listed individual dates for time off in a list format then you could use a pivot table to show a various formatted views: count of entries by date to show overlaps, list by employee, etc.

This will require some changes in your program design. You could create a process to take two dates and create an entry for each day between the two dates with the Employee ID/Name as a key field. This would lighten the data entry requirements for entering each day in the list.

In order to calculate overlaps I think you'll need to have each vacation day individually listed by employee and date.

/
    ~

Bill

Ms Office Spreadsheet In An Excel Form

I Appriciate The Answer, But I Would Perfer To Stick With That. My Users Perfer A Graphical Representation Of Complict. Besides It Is More Attractive This Way. Additionally, I Want To Learn How To User Ms Office Spreadsheet In A Form In Excel. Any Ideas How To Incorporate The Few Cells In Sheet1 Into The Ms Office Spreadsheet On The Form?

Thanks.