Unanswered: Access Record-Locking Information

We have a database that is opened for shared use. When i need to update the database front end. I let all the user to close the database. But i found that the Access Record-Locking Information is still there. I have to manual to delete it. This database has permission on it. I have a database that is in another server, there is no problem. When all the users close the database, the Access Record-Locking Information is automatically deleted after the last user has exited the database. Anybody has this experience? Thanks for your help.

Do you have the same users for both databases? Is it possible that a particular user is exiting improperly?

The only other thing I can think of is, I have a database of nothing but code and I reference that database in several other databases. That way I have a central location for common functions. As a result whenever I open a database that uses the referenced database it opens the referenced database and creates the locking database. Could this be a possibility?

addition to DCKunkle; make sure your users also have delete rights on the directory where your database located.
    ghozy.

It might be. In the database, i set users has read and write, read and execute only. Is that mean the users don't have delete permission?

when a user connect to database, their FE (which is installed Access application) tries to delete the locking file, if there is no other users left using it. if your users don't have delete right in the networking level (not database security level), their FE can't delete locking information file.
    therefore your users should have delete rights (networking wise) on that particular directory where you installed your database.
    ghozy.