Question Unanswered: Upgrading Replicated Databases to 2000

I am planning on upgrading one of my SQL 7 servers to SQL 2000. This server is currently and will continue to replicate with a SQL 7 server.

I want to view our current replication jobs & schedules in plan text so I can check when I recreate the replication that I haven't missed anything. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Jon

Provided Answers: 54
    Time for everybody's favorite answer: It depends!

The problem is that SQL 2000 replication has a lot of features that SQL 7.0 replication didn't have. It is possible to implement the same functionality in simpler ways, and it isn't always possible to represent the SQL 7.0 functionality the same way in SQL 2000 that it had been represented in SQL 7.0.

The short answer is that you can represent both the SQL 7.0 and the SQL 2000 structures in text, but that won't help much for the purposes of comparison because the underlying "plumbing" is so different.

-PatP

Question Replication Details

Thank you for your help. Could you tell me what the commands are to extract this data regardless as they may be useful in the future?

Jon

Provided Answers: 54
    Without knowing exactly what you want, I'm not sure how I can help.

All of the relevant information is in the system tables for replication, such as sysarticles and syspublications on the subscriber, sysreplicationalerts in msdb, etc. You could just pull the whole set of replication related tables if you want everything wholesale, but I suspect that you want to look at both sides in some kind of consistant framework... I can't really help you there, there are too many ways to look at these things.

-PatP

Makes Sense

Ok I understand what you mean I've got enough information to start hunting around for the revelvant data I need. Thanks a lot for your help.

Jon