I would like to use db2adutl to grant access to a user that is not a db2 instance owner.
I have been able to successfully do this with a different db2 instance user (db2inst2) but not with my own userid.
I have done the following:
1. As db2inst1: db2adutl grant user melissa on nodename abc for db sample password temp
2. db2adutl queryaccess for all
3. The permissions are there.
4. As user melissa I set my environment.
5. I change DSMI_CONFIG=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64/dsm.opt.backup
6. In the dsm.sys file the stanza has the correct nodename and passwordaccess is equal to generate.
7. As user melissa I run: db2adutl query db sample nodename abc owner db2inst1 password temp
8. I get the error: Initialize session failed with ADSM return code 168.
When I run this as db2inst2 I need to become root and run the dsmapipw command for everything to work. Do I need to run this command somewhere even though user melissa is not an instance owner?
Thanks for your help; I hope this is not too confusing.