Unanswered: How to? Simple search textbox w/ button

Hey All,

- I have one form that has one subform
    - I have two tables where the data is being pulled from
    - The data at the top with white backgrounds is being pulled from one table
    - The subform is being pulled from the other table

What I am wanting to do is enable the user to type in the ID, click "Search" and bring up the record .. Both for the client information at the top .. and any matches of that ID inside the other table (showed as the subform).

I rarely work in Access . especially 97 .. so any help you can offer would be much appreciated.

Thanks for listening!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HelpMe.gif  

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dolomite33
    Hey All,

- I have one form that has one subform
    - I have two tables where the data is being pulled from
    - The data at the top with white backgrounds is being pulled from one table
    - The subform is being pulled from the other table

What I am wanting to do is enable the user to type in the ID, click "Search" and bring up the record .. Both for the client information at the top .. and any matches of that ID inside the other table (showed as the subform).

I rarely work in Access . especially 97 .. so any help you can offer would be much appreciated.

Thanks for listening!
    Hi dolomite33 and "Welcome to the Forum"

Out of curiosity, you do have the relationships set up as One-To-Many, correct? Would it be easier for a user, especially one with NO knowledge of the existing UserID's to use instead of a TextBox to have a ComboBox? Thereby enabling the user to view all existing UserID's and once selected the corresponding records will automatically appear? That's just the way I would do it. I mean, using a TextBox is good IF this form is going to be used by someone knowing all the underlying UserID's to choose from. Also, using the ComboBox saves you one step. Either start typing in the ComboBox and have it start pulling up the nearest selection and once you let it go it pulls up the records, rather than typing them in one place the going to Click elsewhere? Just a thing about ease of use for me. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the Forum.

have a nice one,
    BUD

Oh, and btw, just wanted to compliment you on your form. It looks very neat and not lots of overkill like some. Keep up the good work

BUD