Unhappy Unanswered: ADO Runtime Error

I need help.
    I wrote a program several months ago and, up until this last week, it has worked just fine on my entire network. I decided a few days ago to do some updates to it and when I ran it...I got this error.

Runtime error - '2147024769 (8007007f)'

I have worn google out looking for this and even followed the advice I found on this forum site.

It won't let me regsvr32.exe any of the suggested files (msdasql.dll,msdart.dll,oledb32.dll). I have MDAC 2.8 and have even tried replacing the files with files from a working maching...no luck.

I downloaded and ran the checker program from MS, and it says I have 2.8. I see a couple of line that says "Looking for version 2.7.xxxx...", but I don't know what that means or how to fix it.

I have the program folder shared for access over the network and everyone can run it correctly except the machine that created it.
    I have even tried uninstalling Visual Studio, re-installing and reapplying the service pack...still no luck

Please can somebody tell me how to fix this?

Thank you in advance and let me know if anybody needs any more info.

Windows XP SP1, NOD32 AV, Latest Windows Update.

Provided Answers: 6
    IF this is a vb6 program, in vb with your project open go to project \ references. I think may need 2 things checked off.

The Microsoft Active X Data Objects 2.7 library and Microsoft Active X Data Objects Recordset 2.7 library.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

I'll try that.
    Thanks.

Any idea what could have caused that? Like I previously stated...nothing had changed on my system other than windows updates.

...weird...

Tried what you suggested...no change.

I have tried every combination of references and still get the same error.

I even opened up old files that I had done months ago, but had not touched and they aren't working either. There has got to be some weird error going on with a .dll file somewhere.

Anymore ideas?

Thanks again

BTW...this is a VB6 program using ADO and I have SP6 installed.

I fixed it.

What i had to do was...use the CC.exe from MS and see which files should be in which places, then I rebooted into safe mode and overrode each file/reg key/com+ on my system and rebooted.. Works great. Only took about 5 hours.

Thanks for the help btw

Need some helps

There are few users having difficulty to run a VB6/Access2000 application created by me recently. I guess that it's related with MDAC because they can't open a ADO connnection. I run cc.exe on their machies. The mismatch lists indicted that the mismatch fields are version. Just want to know what kind of mismatch fields you found. Actually, I run cc.exe on my machine, the mismatch fields are same as others. However, I don't have any problems to run VB applications.