Hi,

I would be thankfull for any suggestion which could help me localize the root of the following auditing problem. We are using MSSQL2000 + MSAdd-In package.

Audit methodology is based on the SQL Profiler functionality which recognize login/logout for all users and defnied list of events for sql admins (all fixed server roles). Generally process works pretty fine.
The problem appears when new user is creating by group which have security database role. This activity can't be recognized by profiler. During user creation there appears error message:
User 'public' does not have permission to run DBCC auditevent.
Granted login access to 'usa\ala123' - so finaly user is created successfully.
In the profiler there appears:
EventClass: Audit DBCC Event #and this is not we expect
TextData: dbcc auditevent (104, 1, 1, @loginame, null, null, @sid) #incorect
EventSubClass: 1
Success: 0
TargetLoginName: #there is not appearing created user name

The other it looks in case of dropping the user. Then event is appearing properly and it looks as following:
EventClass: Audit AddLogin Event
TextDate: empty
EventSubClass: drop
Success: 1
TargetLoginName: 'usa\ala123'

For comapring with the properly recognized event I provide what appears when the same activities are doing by user with sysadmin role:
No error message
Granted login access to 'usa\ala123'
In the profiler there appears:
EventClass: Audit AddLogin Event
TextDate: empty
EventSubClass: Add
Success: 1
TargetLoginName: 'usa\ala123'

The question is where and how can I add proper permission to the users with security database role to allow successfully create users and notify the same in the ausit events (and to don't have mentioned above error message:
User 'public' does not have permission to run DBCC auditevent) ?