Unanswered: Mapping DB - Tablespace - ContainerPath

Hi All,

I'm new to UDB DBA. We are using UDB 7.2 on AIX. I can see the list of table spaces from syscat.tablespaces and list of bufferpools from syscat.bufferpools. But I want to know the mapping between the DB -> Tablespaces -> container path. Is there any method available to get this information? ie, I want to know for the given DB what are all the tablespaces using and container path for that.

With advance thanks from

Bala

hi
    if you want see the container for a tablespace?

test this command:
    list tablespace containers for [id container]

abel.

You can also extract the DDl statements for bufferpools, tablespaces etc. using the db2look command:

db2look -d <db-name> -l
    The output will show you the all the tablespaces and associated containers assigned to each tablespace along with space information.

Paul

.... or use the scripts at http://www.db2click.com/scripts.htm

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Found the solution

Quote Originally Posted by bala_e
    Hi All,

I'm new to UDB DBA. We are using UDB 7.2 on AIX. I can see the list of table spaces from syscat.tablespaces and list of bufferpools from syscat.bufferpools. But I want to know the mapping between the DB -> Tablespaces -> container path. Is there any method available to get this information? ie, I want to know for the given DB what are all the tablespaces using and container path for that.

With advance thanks from

Bala
    Atlast I found the solution. My environment is partitioned one. Even though if you execute the command "DB2 LIST TABLESPACES" it will listdown all the table spaces belongs to that particular partition only. If you want to execute the same command on all the partition means need to add db2_all at the prefix and as given below.

db2_all "; db2 connect to dbname; db2 list tablespaces; db2 connect reset"

The above command will give all the tablespaces list belongs to the connected db. From that, need to grep the tablespace id and invoke the db2 list tablespace conainers for <<tablespace id>> as like the above.

db2_all "; db2 connect to dbname; db2 list tablespace containers for <<tablespace id>>; db2 connect reset"