Unanswered: DB2 V8.1.4 aix 32-bit to 64-bit migration

Dear all,
    Does anybody have any experience of migrating DB2 from 32-bit to 64-bit or is currently using DB2 v8 64-bit. We've got an OLTP database with approximately 6m transactions per week, which we believe will hit the limit on available bufferpool memory in the next year (hence the need to migrate). We have Websphere as well as other java/c/sql scripts running against the database. We also have DB2 data propagator replication (asnapply/capture) and logging to TSM via user exits.

Any tips from practical experience as to the pitfalls which we might encounter most gratefully accepted.

Best regards,
    James Dey (james_dey@hotmail.com)

Hi James
    Not sure if you have read this article ..

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork.../dm-0410evans/

Sorry, for not being to provide any specific information

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Thumbs up Thanks

The article's very useful. Unfortunately, It doesn't cover which DB2 features might not work e.g. datapropagator and any gotchas which I might encounter when doing the migration, however.

I'm looking for an IBM customer whose actually doing 64-bit already so that I can glean potential issues from them. We've contacted IBM who have promised to help, but I know how large an organisation it is and how long it can take to find the right contact. I'm suspecting there won't be so many customers but we can't be the first to hit this issue.

Ta,
    J

I suggest you post the question on comp.databases.ibm-db2 and IDUG Insider also ..

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.