Unanswered: Creating a database from a compressed backupset of another database.

I configured Oracle using OEM to create compressed backups regularly. In order to free up space weeks ago, I moved a backupset (dated to be from Jan 3, 2005), to a seperate partition. Now I would like to create a second database that would have data from the old compressed backupset.

Anyhow, what's the process involved in creating a second database from old compressed backupset? Is it possible to create the duplicate database by running a CREATE DATABASE command, or another command so that I wouldn't have to connect to the target database.

Thanks in advance.
    System: Oracle 10g on Fedora Core 1

how are you compressing?
    RMAN compresses automagically.

Are you exporting and zipping or something?
    - The_Duck
    you can lead someone to something but they will never learn anything ...

Well, RMAN compressed the backups automagically. The file name of the backup is: o1_mf_nnndf_BACKUP_FORUMDB_00033_0_0xksmz16_.bkp

To clarify, backups are made and stored in the flash recovery area. Now, weeks ago I moved a backup file within the directory /flash_recover_area/backupset/2005_01_03 to another location on disk. This was done to free-up space on the partition. Now I want to create a new database with the old backup.
    System: Oracle 10g on Fedora Core 1

research "auxillary duplicate database" in the RMAN Oracle Docs.
    Sounds like this would be for you.
    - The_Duck
    you can lead someone to something but they will never learn anything ...